Why Translating & Localising Your Website is Essential for Optimal Impact
Are you ready for Christmas and can’t wait for your business to see its maximum sales this season? Let us tell you that you are not alone.
Many ventures worldwide take advantage of the festive season to increase their revenues. In fact, as per expectations, the festive retail sales in 2023 may increase between 3.5% and 4.6% since 2022.
However, all of this is not gained within a day. This goal demands lots of effort, including localising your website with the help of a professional translation services agency.
Why Should You Work on Your Website?
Before you start dreaming about earning lots during Christmas, you must ensure your website is ready for the upcoming season. Have you ever wondered why?
This is because your site represents your brand. It is where you connect with your audience and convince them to buy your services and products.
A weak website is a complete no-no in today’s globalised world, especially if you want to beat your competitors during the holiday season. Suppose your site fails to provide your customers with a smooth shopping experience. In that case, they will quickly shift to other similar brands without coming back to you ever again. This is what 76% of shoppers already do.
EXPERT’S TIP: Want to learn more about certified translation services and what the term means? Read our latest in-depth guide here!
So, What Should You Do to Make Your Site Stand Out?
You must localise your site to boost your revenue while attracting new customers. Now, what does that mean?
Localisation of a website is a popular process in this day and age, which helps modify your website to make it accessible, culturally suitable and useable for a broader target audience.
According to a survey, 56% of consumers prefer getting product descriptions on a website in their own language, considering it much more important than the price. This clearly means that most buyers find it easy to connect with a brand that speaks the same language as theirs, and that’s what localisation helps you achieve. The process connects with the audience at a personal level, giving your brand a significant advantage over competitors any day.
Importance of Localising Your Website Before Christmas
Are you wondering that Christmas is just around the corner, so isn’t it better not to take any risk and localise your website afterwards?
Taking this move may seem overwhelming right now. However, the truth is that localisation can benefit you in many ways than you can imagine.
For instance, if you use website localisation services for this purpose, you can quickly build increased trust among your audience. When your customers see your website in their preferred language, they feel like visiting it repeatedly, increasing your chances of generating high sales and delivering excellent customer experiences.
Similarly, Christmas is a global event where people from different regions and cultures celebrate. Localising your site allows you to connect with people from various countries through appealing and relatable content and products.
Another essential benefit of localising your website is its high visibility and SEO. Google loves localised content. Localisation helps optimise your site for search engines, giving it a high rank and increasing its visibility with time.
Isn’t that what you want to achieve during the holiday season? Your website’s significant visibility can positively impact your Christmas sales, increasing your chances of earning your desired profits within a few weeks.
How to Localise Your Website Professionally?
Have we convinced you to consider localising and translating your website for a successful season? If yes, here are some steps that you can take to make it possible.
• Start with defining your localisation strategy. This should include the languages you want your website to be in. The strategy must outline your target market, its cultures, and social norms. Hence, you are in a better position to kickstart the process.
• Here is a tip. Look for regions that can help increase your potential sales during Christmas. Prioritise the languages of those areas and focus all your localisation efforts there.
• Move on to design all your website pages with smooth localisation in mind. Ensure that your pages accommodate text expansion and contraction. Moreover, your layouts and images must complement every word correctly.
• While doing so, internationalise your website so it is easy to localise and adapt to different cultures, languages and regions.
• Once all the above steps have been successfully achieved, get help from professional translation services to translate your web pages correctly. These services have experts who know the art of using the best tools to translate the content and adjust every product’s pricing according to the local currency.
• You must also ensure that the checkout process accommodates all currencies equally. Treating all customers equally and giving them perfect shopping experiences is vital.
• Ensure your website’s promotional strategy is tailored to the target audience’s expectations. This may involve incorporating local Christmas traditions in your ads to lure customers easily.
EXPERT’S ADVICE: Want to translate your marketing campaigns for a global audience? Read our latest article!
After getting your perfect localised website, don’t leave it alone. In fact, keep assessing and monitoring its performance throughout the season.
Make sure to calculate the conversion rates and overall traffic on your website. Besides, don’t forget to consider customer feedback to make real-time adjustments for optimal results.
Let’s Wrap Things Up…(Pun Intended)
Christmas is one of the best times of the year, and rightfully so. It not only spreads a festive mood worldwide, but also gives companies a chance to earn significant profits through impactful sales.
Therefore, if you don’t want the holiday season to pass by without benefiting your business, work on localising your website immediately. Seek help from website localisation services near you and make your site as appealing and visible as possible.
A localised website isn’t just a solid weapon for a retailer. It is also an excellent forum for people around the world who wish to connect with a brand or company that respects their cultures, languages, and norms.
Translation Services 24 (TS24) is a professional translation agency offering expert services in over 200 languages. We work with clients in all corporate and public industries and specialise in sector-specific linguistic solutions. With over a decade of experience in the industry, 15+ million words converted every year and 100,000+ projects completed, TS24 is a leading provider of expert translations and interpretation services and an officially certified member of the ATC. Contact TS24 here. You can also read all of our recent articles here.
Follow Translation Services 24 on Social Media